Monday, November 21, 2016

First Post!! - Introduction

WELCOME!

It's pretty exciting to have a blog again. 
Recently, I was looking at an older blog I used to have. It was just a personal blog. (Poetry, thoughts & beyond)
But it linked me to another blog I used for my site news. It was from 2009 - 2010.
It was really interesting to read about my endeavors from back then. And it was even more exciting to see how far I'd come in my work and my progress on the site, since then.

For the first time ever, all of my content is up on my site. Everything is completely finished. It's just a matter of updating it now and adding new content.
But after reading my old blog(s) from years ago, I realized, it was actually a lot of fun having a blog. I didn't realize how much I missed it.
So, this is me, starting up a new blog.
What you'll see:
  • I'll post updates of what's happening on the site.
  • And projects I'm currently working on.
  • And also things I plan to work on in the future.  
As you may have guessed, that was what I did on my old blog. And I thought it would only be fitting to do the same here too.
Soooo, let's begin.



Firstly, I'm starting a new blog for my site. (Gasps!) As I said, I'll post my site updates here.

Secondly, I plan to re-design the intro page for my site. More columns, more info, a little more professional looking. (hopefully)  But more specifically, I want it to provide more information for first time visitors and possible future clients.

Thirdly, I plan to update the artfolio with some much needed new content.

And lastly, I am starting a new 365 photo challenge, starting the very first of the new year.

What's that? Well, in short, it's a challenge to take a picture every day for the ENTIRE year. (Hence why it's called a 365 challenge) It's a great way to stretch yourself as a photographer.

Because I've been so consumed with finishing my website and getting the portfolio up, I haven't had the time to take pictures. So this next year, I'm diving in and getting back to it.
Now, the beauty of a 365 challenge, is you get to choose what you want it to be about.
If that's taking a selfie every day. Or photographing your dog. Or photographing something of a predominant color. I've seen all of it. You choose what you want your challenge to be about.

My first one in 2013 was about anything. Everything. Whatever I wanted to photograph, I did. From selfie's to storm fronts to what I got for Christmas, I took pictures galore!

My second theme in 2014 was about a traveling, yellow gnome named Mr.Stevengood. I could take a picture of anything, anywhere, but he HAD to be SOMEWHERE in the picture. It definitely got a lot of attention from others. But became somewhat tiring after having to carry him around everywhere.

After doing a photo challenge two years in a row, I definitely needed a break.
After two years of a break, I'm ready to jump at it again for 2017.

The fun thing about 365 challenges, is you can name them.
My first was "365 Journey." My second was titled "ll". (2 in Roman Numerals)
And my third, will be named "Contrast".

The theme for this challenge will be to photographer whatever I want (again) BUT! every picture will be in black and white. Hence the name contrast.

There's a big contrast between this challenge and the other two. There's a contrast between my life NOW compared to then.  And there's a contrast between this theme and the other themes. So, naturally, "Contrast" just felt and sounded right.


So there you have it folks! The latest updates on what I'm doing and plan to do in the soon coming future.

Thank you for reading.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
-Corinne (Ladymusicc) 

No comments:

Post a Comment